The Purpose of the Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar (the “Division”) is to:
- Assist The Florida Bar in its purposes;
- Encourage interest in and participation by division members in the purposes of The Florida Bar;
- Provide a program of activities and projects designed to be of interest and assistance to division members and, in addition, to engage in such activities as shall tend to further the best interests of the legal profession;
- Coordinate the activities of the division members and to serve as a medium for fostering discussion and free interchange of ideas relative to the duties, responsibilities, and problems of division members;
- Enhance the image and reputation of the legal professional and The Florida Bar; and
- Serve the public, particularly those persons outside the legal profession, through state-wide and local community projects and activities.
Outline of Young Lawyers Division (“YLD”) Mission
- Reviewing and responding to issues raised by The Florida Bar Board of Governors (“BOG”) relevant to the YLD and its affiliates.
- Sponsoring or forwarding issues raised by the YLD or its affiliates to the BOG.
- Raising awareness of issues relevant to the whole Florida Bar and reviewing its impact on the YLD.
- Issues of public importance.
- Basic skills CLE/PWP.
- Topical issues.
- Enhancement of quality of life.
- Grievance Process.
- Involvement with The Florida Bar.
- Promote voluntary Bar and Section membership (inform as to opportunities).
- Promote and sponsor community service and activism.