This event is to inspire Florida lawyers to focus on their mental and physical health and wellness through awareness and accountability. The Olympics is to encourage you all to try new health and wellness activities, and provide you with resources for a more balanced lifestyle.
You can participate at any level! Daily, weekly, check-in a few times monthly (during May 2022), but we have created a point system to encourage healthy fun among individual participants and affiliates. The YLD expects you to truthfully report your activity and scoring.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES DEFINED
- Biking: Either on road or stationary, including road riding, trail riding, mountain biking, gravel riding, Peloton, or other stationary bike.
- Fitness Class: In person or virtual, including yoga, Orange Theory, Crossfit, Zumba, and P90X.
- Golfing: Walking or riding 9 to 18 holes, spending time at the range (virtual or in person).
- Hiking: Walking or running a hiking trail.
- Kayaking / Paddle boarding: Active engagement for time or distance.
- Running: Active engagement for time or distance – a sprint to your car in the rain does not count.
- Sports: Tennis, kickball, softball, ping pong, racquet ball, basketball, soccer, etc.
- Swimming: Active engagement for time or distance – a dip in a pool or hot tub does not count.
- Walking: Active engagement for time or distance – walking from the couch to the refrigerator does not count.
WELLNESS ACTIVITIES DEFINED
- Healthy Cooking and Eating: Preparing and eating a meal that is healthy for your specific health needs. For example, a healthy meal may include a lean protein, fresh vegetables, and fruits.
- Massage: Receiving a massage from a professional massage therapist.
- Meditation: Purposeful meditation engagement for time.
- Mental Health Counseling: Attending a therapy session (virtual or in person) with a professional therapist. [We understand this is private for many, your keeping track/points of this will not be public].
- Sleeping: Receiving 7 hours or more of sleep in a night; Focusing on consistent sleep patterns
- Webinars & Mindfulness Applications: Attend webinars relating to health and wellness or use a mindfulness application.
POINT CAPS DEFINED
- League Sports – 12 points in a day (or 4 hours of league sports)
- Kayaking – 10 points in a day (5 hrs)
- Burpees – 5 points in a day (50 burpees)
- Meditation – 8 pts in a day (80 minutes of meditating)
- Healthy Eating – 3 pts of a day (3 meals)
- Avoid Alcohol – 10 pts per every 7 days
- Avoid Sweets – 5 pts per every 7 days
- 7 Hours of sleep – 3 pts per day
- Golf – 15 pts in a day ( 5 hours per day)
- Use mindfulness app – 5 pts in a day (50 minutes of app time)
- Webinar/CLE on Health and Wellness – 3 pts per 30 minutes (1 hr of webinar or CLE per day)
- Social Media Post – 6 pts per day
- Deep Breathing – 3 pts per day (30 minutes of deep breathing)
- Mental Health Counseling – 20 pts per day (2 hr of counseling)
- Paddleboarding – 10 pts in a day (5 hrs)
- Group Fitness – 12 pts (3 hrs a day)
- Weightlifting – 12 pts (3 hrs a day)
- Dancing – 6 pts (1 ½ hr a day)
- Massages – 4 pts (120 minutes of massage)
- HITT – 6 pts of extra points on top of activity (1 hr a day)
- Walking – 12 pts
- Keep track of your points daily or every 7 days.
- Social Media Engagement: Share your activity on Social Media and tag #YLDMotionGranted and #YLDRaiseYourTorch or share our health and wellness post and tag #YLDMotionGranted and #YLDRaiseYourTorch.
- Follow us on Facebook: The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division and Instagram: flabaryld.
President-Elect Designate Scott Westheimer is sponsoring a $50 gift card to Whole Foods for our mid-Olympic Games challenge. The challenge will be based on the points logged for people who Paddleboard, Kayak, or Dance from May 17th to May 24th. Points must be logged by May 25th. All individuals logging points for these events will be entered into the drawing to win the gift card. We will announce the winner on May 26th.
HOW TO EARN POINTS
|Fitness Class*||30 min||2|
|Healthy Cooking / Eating||1 meal||1|
|Kayaking / Paddle Boarding||30 min||1|
|Mental Health Counseling||30 min||5|
|Sleeping||7 hours per night||3|
|Mindfulness Applications||10 min||1|
|League Sports||30 min||3|
|Webinars/CLEs on Health & Wellness||30 min||3|
|Avoid Alcoholic Drinks||1 week||10|
|Avoid Sweets, Soda & Candy||1 week||5|
|Deep Breathing Exercises||10 min||1|
|Social Media, Tag #YLDMotionGranted; Post, Share, Reshare Activities in the Olympics||1 #tag||1|
*High Intensity BONUS Points: These are bonus points for training that is of HIGH INTENSITY! Things that might count are High Intensity Interval Training (HITT) or other training that is of such a level that you experience complete exhaustion. The following categories allow you to enter additional points if that activity is basically done at an INTENSE level. Biking, Running, Swimming, Fitness Class, and Weightlifting.