WE ARE DRIVEN BY OUR VISION
WHY CHOOSE US?
WHO WE ARE
The Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar has over 26,000 members made up of lawyers age 36 and under, as well as new Florida Bar members for the first 5 years.
All members receive publications, are encouraged to participate in committees, and are offered an opportunity to network with legal professionals with similar interests. All under-36 lawyers and new Florida Bar members for the first 5 years in good standing are automatically members.
- Assist The Florida Bar in its purposes;
- Encourage interest in and participation;
- Provide a program of activities and projects designed to be of interest and assistance to division members;
- Coordinate activities and serve as a medium for fostering discussion and free interchange of ideas relative to the duties, responsibilities, and problems of division members;
- Enhance the image and reputation of the legal profession and The Florida Bar;
- Serve the public, particularly those persons outside the legal profession, through state-wide and local community projects and activities.
- Reviewing and responding to issues raised by The Florida Bar Board of Governors (“BOG”) relevant to the YLD and its affiliates.
- Sponsoring or forwarding issues raised by the YLD or its affiliates to the BOG.
- Raising awareness of issues relevant to the whole Florida Bar and reviewing its impact on the YLD.
- Issues of public importance.
- Basic skills CLE/PWP.
- Topical issues.
- Enhancement of quality of life.
- Grievance Process.
- Involvement with The Florida Bar.
- Promote voluntary Bar and Section membership (inform as to opportunities).
- Promote and sponsor community service and activism.