PHASE 1: PRACTICING WITH PROFESSIONALISM (PWP)
In your first year of practice (or in the year before you are admitted to the Bar), you have to complete Practicing with Professionalism (PWP). PWP is completed through The Florida Bar’s InReach Program found at the link below.
Credits: 5.5 CLE; 1 Bias Elimination; 1 Mental Illness Awareness; 0.5 of which can be used towards Ethics; 3 of which can be used towards Professionalism.
This course satisfies the Practicing with Professionalism requirement for new lawyers, Phase I, as set forth by the Florida Supreme Court in Amendment to Rules Regulating the Florida Bar, Rule 6-12.1.
Please Note: The Florida Bar YLD sponsors a limited number of $75 grants to reduce the cost of this seminar. They are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in applying for the grant, please download the affidavit and submit it to The Florida Bar. Do not register for the PWP at this time if you intend to apply for the grant. If accepted for one of our grants, you will receive an acceptance letter that you will include in your registration form to The Florida Bar. You can not register online if you are accepted for the grant.
To be eligible for the $75 cost reduction to the PWP seminar, you must:
- Be a member of The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division taking Practicing with Professionalism to satisfy your Basic Skills Requirement;
- Make less than $37,500;
- Be paying for PWP yourself.
You must submit the affidavit in its entirety.
Failure to complete the affidavit honestly and completely will result in rejection of your request. Please allow two weeks to receive an acceptance letter. Once you receive the acceptance letter, proceed to register for the seminar via mail and submit a copy of the acceptance letter with your fees. Note you may not register online to be eligible for the grant.
PHASE II: BASIC COURSES
In your first three years of practice, you have to complete 21 hours of Basic Skills Courses (or 3 entire Basic Skills Courses) to satisfy the Basic Skills Course Requirement. These courses are completed through The Florida Bar’s InReach Program found here:
After your first three years of practice (and for every three year reporting cycle), you have to complete:
- A minimum of 33 credit hours of approved CLEs
- 5 of the 33 hours must be in approved legal ethics, professionalism, bias elimination, substance abuse, or mental illness awareness programs
- 3 of the 33 credit hours must be in approved technology programs which are included in, not addition to, the regular 33 credit hour requirement.
- The remainder of the 33 hours can be any approved CLE—including Basic Skills CLEs!
If you complete more than 33 credit hours during any reporting cycle, you cannot carry over the excess credits to the next reporting cycle.
- View Your CLE Record
- Rules Regulating the Basic Skills Course Requirement
- The Florida Bar’s CLE Information Page
- The Florida Bar’s CLE Store
- Free YLD CLE Webinars
Have questions about PWP or Basic Level Courses? Contact the YLD Program Administrator: Thomas V. Miller at The Florida Bar, (850) 561-5621 or email@example.com.